She for She, a company based in Uganda, creates sustainable, washable menstrual pads. According to The UN, 1 in 10 girls in sub-Saharan Africa does not go to school when they menstruate causing them to miss out on one-fifth of a school year. She for She works to support and educate women, encouraging high school attendance, hygienic practices, and sustainable employment within local communities. This company focuses on key humanitarian issues such as the failure to access appropriate health information and products, the high rate at which young girls in Africa fall outside schooling, and economic gender inequality within the labor market.
We are looking for a motivated intern who is passionate about digital design and is interested in promoting women’s health and reproductive rights. Work on strengthening the company through digital design as we strive to revamp our brand identity and create a new look for our products.
Flexible hours based on availability (can be done remotely)
- Ability to think creatively, conceptually, and deliver solid designs
- Proficient knowledge of digital design programs
- High levels of creativity and quick problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong visual, verbal, and written communication skills
- Willingness to take on more than one project at a time
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as with other staff members in a multicultural environment
Position summary/job duties
- Creation of eye-catching logo
- Redesign of She for She packaging
- Design of promotional material for the company
Please send a CV and detailed cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications to email@example.com