She for She, a company based in Uganda, creates sustainable, washable menstrual pads. According to The UN, 1 in 10 girls in sub-Saharan Africa does not go to school when they menstruate causing them to miss out on one-fifth of a school year. She for She works to support and educate women, encouraging high school attendance, hygienic practices, and sustainable employment within local communities. This company focuses on key humanitarian issues such as the failure to access appropriate health information and products, the high rate at which young girls in Africa fall outside schooling, and economic gender inequality within the labor market.
We are looking for a motivated intern who is passionate about communication and digital media and is interested in promoting women’s health and reproductive rights. Work on strengthening the company through developing a communications plan and creating content and running She for She’s social media platforms.
Flexible hours based on availability (can be done remotely)
- Deep understanding of social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- High levels of creativity and quick problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong visual, verbal, and written communication skills
- Willingness to take on more than one project at a time
- Attention to detail
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as with other staff members in a multicultural environment
Position summary/job duties
- Tend to the daily operation of She for She’s social media platforms (including blog)
- Take part in developing and running campaigns on social media
- Create a communications strategy plan
- Establish partnership opportunities for She for She as well fundraising efforts
Please send a CV and detailed cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications to email@example.com